Family Case Management
Family Case Management is a free program offered in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Human Services that connects pregnant women and children under the age of one to health and wellness services. This program offers guidance and support to families so that they have healthy babies and lead healthy lives. Nurse Case Managers design a plan of action to promote wellness based on needs identified within your family.
Family Case Management (FCM) assists you with:
- Finding a doctor for your prenatal care to ensure healthy development
- Finding a doctor for your child/children’s care
- Applying for health insurance for your child/children
- Information about health topics including, breastfeeding, infant growth and development, labor and childbirth, immunizations and well baby care, nutrition and parenting
- Referrals to services available in the community
You are eligible to receive free FCM services if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are a resident of the State of Illinois
- Have a family income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (please check with staff for income information)
Services are by appointment. Appointment times vary depending on your services. For your first appointment, allow 1.5-2 hours or possibly longer with infants and children.