Patient Registry Assistance into the Medical Cannabis Pilot Program
On August 1, 2013, the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act (“Act”), Public Act 98-0122, became effective. The Medical Cannabis Patient Registry Program allows persons who are diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition to register with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) in order to obtain access to cannabis (marijuana) for medical use. Currently 28 states and Washington, DC have legalized the medical use of cannabis.
What will I need for an appointment?
At your appointment application assistants will help you complete all parts of the application.
- Physician Written Certification Form- your doctor must complete this form within 90 days of your application appointment
- State Application Fee- select a one, two, or three-year fee (pay online during appointment)
- Photograph- 2×2 inch passport-sized photo (can be taken at appointment)
- Proof of Age & Identity- valid, unexpired drivers license or government issued photo ID
- Additional Proof of Residency
*Patient can designate a caregiver to assist with the use and purchase of medical cannabis. Caregiver will need to complete an application along with the patient.
For more information on the Medical Cannabis Patient Registry Program visit http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/prevention-wellness/medical-cannabis
For free application assistance contact us: